Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Diffident ~ not a fan of these lessons

dif-fi-dent

Pronunciation \di-fə-dənt, -dent\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin - to distrust
Date: 15th century
1. hesitant in acting or speaking through lack of self-confidence
2. archaic: distrustful
3. reserved, unassertive

I came so close to calling you. I even had a text written asking if you had five minutes to spare.  But I was sure you would be uncomfortable. You were with friends.  You were with your kids. You are on vacation. You are busy. It's Saturday night. It's Sunday morning. You are too far.  You are too close. I am the one you come to. I am your coworker. I am your client. I am your mother. I am the one who is strong.

I can eat. I can sleep. I can buy more flowers for the garden.  I can sit. I can write. I can't pick up the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment